NaturVet Cat Digestive Enzymes + Pre & Probiotics 60 Soft Chews
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Digestive Enzymes Cat Soft Chews are for use in cats over the age of 12 weeks. Helps support diet change and a healthy digestive tract. Provides important enzymes to help break down food for optimal utilization of nutrients.
A source of:
• alpha-Amylase which can hydrolyze starch.
• Protease which can hydrolyze proteins.
• Cellulase which can break down cellulose.
• Lipase which can hydrolyze triglycerides.
Ingredients & Guaranteed Analysis:
Moisture (max) 5.4%
alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae)* 1,160 SKBU (1)
Lipase (Aspergillus niger)* 105 LU (2)
Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum)* 37 CMCU (3)
Protease (Papaya)* 11,000 PU (4)
Bacillus coagulans (Probiotic)* 50 Million CFU
(All values are minimum unless otherwise noted.)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
(1) One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40 °C in 30 minutes.
(2) One FCC Lipase Unit (LU) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that will liberate the equivalent of one μmol of acid (H+) per minute from the substrate, under the conditions of the assay. The assay is based on a five-minute hydrolysis of an olive oil substrate at pH 6.5 and 30 °C. The fatty acids released on hydrolysis of the glycerol esters are determined by titration with sodium hydroxide.
(3) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay.
(4) The activity of papain is measured in the FCC PU; the assay of which is based on the hydrolysis of casein. This assay is based on a 60-minute proteolytic hydrolysis of a casein substrate at pH 6.0 and 40 °C. One PU (Papain Unit) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that liberates the equivalent of 1μg of tyrosine per hour under the conditions of the assay.
Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Potato Product, Glycerin, Flaxseed, Lecithin, Canola Oil, Water, Fructooligosaccharides, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Solubles, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Product, Papaya, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Calcium Sulfate, Natural Flavoring, Tapioca Starch, Sorbic Acid (a preservative), Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative), Vegetable Oil.
12 kcal / 2 chews
Instructions for Use:
Give 2 soft chews per meal, up to 4 soft chews per day.
This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Due to the tasty nature of our products, do not leave package unattended around pets.