Ultimate Scratching Post
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
- 32″ height allows cats to stretch fully and tone muscles
- Sturdy 16″ x 16″ base eliminates tipping and wobbling
- Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally encourages scratching
- Superior to carpeted posts that may snag claws
- Includes screws and dowels for easy base assembly
- High quality materials & workmanship ensure the post will remain attractive and useful for years
Usage Instructions and Tips:
- Place the scratcher where the cat spends a lot of time. Cats often like to stretch and scratch when they wake up from a nap.
- To introduce the scratcher, try using catnip as a lure. (For most cats this is unnecessary, but fun.) Rub catnip onto the sisal material and call the cat over to the post.
- Scratch your nails along the surface of the material. This will attract the cat and also teach where to scratch.
- After your cat begins to scratch, offer praise and a food treat. Small kittens can be trained to climb the post by showing them food treats and then placing them at the top of the post.
- If your cat has been scratching a piece of furniture, place the scratcher directly in front of it. Cover that area with a double-sided tape. This will help redirect your cat’s scratching activities to the scratcher. Shower lots of praise on your cat when you see them using the scratcher to reinforce this positive behavior.